5.21.2004

Today's theme: You favorite jobs (or parts of jobs) or volunteer positions. MJ's are the following:
1) Dicussion Group Leader of Books Over Biscotti, a monthly reading group that I founded & miss dearly. I LOVE to read and discuss quality fiction with intelligent individuals. I am an Adult Services Librarian at heart, not an academic librarian.
2) Editorial Assistant for the New Orleans Review, a literary magazine. I worked under Editor Ralph Adamo.
3) (A distant third, but on the list because the work was interesting and the people were AWESOME): Copy Editor, Peter Mayer Advertising Inc.
C'est tout, mes amis!

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM , Blogger candy sue said...

MJ! Your jobs sound fantastic. I love that I was part of the third. This is a great subject to think about, so I'll add my own, if I may:
1. Puppetmaking. Operating them is fun, too, but the making is the best part.
2. Volunteering doing massage with cancer patients. I'd next like to work at a hospice. Pretty rewarding, I bet.
3. Online publicity for books. That was a lot of fun, mostly for the same reason MJ loved her third: the people were amazing. My boss, Chris, took me to a book convention in Chicago. That was awesome. And I got to read and write for work. What could be better?
4. I'll put Peter Mayer, too, because I never, ever had a job that would allow me to waltz in at noon and still pay my bills before. Now, I occasionally do that as a freelance magazine copyeditor in NYC, but it's harder to pay the bills! Not as affordable as New Orleans!

I like your blog. I started one so I could add a post here. It's at wrycandy/blogger.com. I guess that's the url. I'll put up good sites like you have.

 
At 1:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

facebook jennifer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home