5.19.2004

I see a passive-aggressive post said the blind man. Note that I said your nickname (on purpose), not your real one. It was I who was outed. I am working on my self-evaluation, which will be combined with my supervisor's evaluaton tomorrow. In looking over what I've done in the past 10 months, I suppose I am not so awful. I just want to do SO MUCH MORE. Like tutorials, learning XML and more CSS, reaching technology workshops to students. But the mere mention of those sends shivers up people's spines.

Here is our new Librarian Code of Ethics:

1) We kowtow to all patrons, particularly the insane, angry-at-the-world ones, who threaten to see the man upstairs if we don't give them the answer NOW!
2) We are terrified of technology, the Web, and anything related to a computer, and we refuse to see the link between technology and research. Because there is none, baby. It's all bricks and mortar.
3) We worship Bill Gates.
4) We insist on having so much quiet around us that you can hear a pin drop on the sixth floor.
5) We commit to writing boring articles laid out in boring professional journals that only a handful of people read.
6) We love making young people feel bad about themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home