5.07.2004

Hey Roach, thanks for the curmudgenly (sp?) poll. Can you believe the large # of women who took that poll admitted that they would completely TAKE THEIR HUSBAND"S NAME UPON MARRIAGE TO HIM. So they would go thru the ridiculous expense and pain-in-the-neck changes just to have HIS last name. WHY? I would certainly use my (nonexistent) husband's last name in social settings b/c I would be proud of him/us/our love/our union, etc., but I would NOT go to the extent of changing my passport, license, etc. I remember my mother having so much trouble with the duplicate last name thing. Besides that, WHAT ABOUT TO FEMALES RETAINING THEIR IDENTITY in marriage? Is this still possible? Do women care about it? OK -- off soapbox. Thanks, MJ WATSON

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home